The Brewers Association is committed to making sustainable principles and practices a part of everything we do. You are an integral part of landfill diversion rate for the Craft Brewers Conference and BrewExpo America.
Download a PDF of the information below.
We strive to send as little material as possible to the landfill.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Use the facility recycling receptacles during move in/out and run of the show.
- Use only products that are recyclable at the Music City Center.
- Minimize packaging.
- Bring only what is anticipated for attendees.
- Provide information on a reusable drive or through a QR code.
Smart Exhibit Display Design
- Create signs and banners that are reusable or can be recycled.
- Print handouts on a post-consumer recycled content paper using soy or vegetable based inks.
- Use energy efficient lighting for displays.
- Turn off booth lighting, monitors, and equipment overnight.
- Use local vendors when possible to reduce transportation impact.
- Use local public transportation, walk or bike when possible.
WHAT YOU MUST DO:
The following items are prohibitied and may not be brought into the center:
- any signage that cannot be recycled or reused
- helium balloons
- plastic bags used for purchases and plastic conference bags provided to collect show items
- any hazardous substance or item including a hazardous substance
The following items are allowed into the center but most be removed at the end of the event:
- vinyl banners
- carpet, carpet scraps and carpet padding
- plaques or trophies
The following items are recyclable and must be placed into the proper receptacles:
- cardboard boxes and signs
- construction debris
- plastic film and shrink wrap
- plastic containers, pots and buckets
- metal containers
- scrap metal
- vinyl tablecloths
- plants, trees and yard debris (pre-approval required)
The MCC provides clearly marked recycling containers that include separate streams for recyclable, compostable and landfill materials.
Please download and share these additional resources to help you guide your efforts:
Sustainability Tools are available on BrewersAssociation.org.
The tools identify sustainability opportunities for breweries in the areas of:
Be sure to share this site with your customers/clients. They’ll appreciate the useful information and money-saving opportunities.