The Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America is the largest family gathering you’ll ever attend. It’s a fun-filled week where you can open your mind, be inspired, and connect with your craft community. If you need reasons to attend, check out some of the many highlights below.
- San Antonio. The Alamo City’s rich culture offers an authentic glimpse of early Spanish colonial life in the Southwest. As the first civilian settlement in Texas, San Antonio de Béxar was founded in 1718 and many of the city’s early architectural and cultural elements remain. Named the first World Heritage Site in Texas by the United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO), the designation includes the city’s four southernmost Spanish colonial missions — Concepción, San José, San Juan, Espada and the famous Alamo, located in downtown San Antonio.
- Fiesta! Fiesta® San Antonio started in 1891 as a one-parade event to honor the memory of the heroes of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto. For more than a century, Fiesta® has grown into a celebration of The Alamo City’s rich and diverse cultures. Spend some free time exploring one of the nation’s premier festivals, which luckily coincides with CBC.
- A Flamin’ Hot Keynote. Richard Montañez leads Multicultural Sales & Marketing across Pepsi North American divisions. Throughout his career Montañez has held various senior roles through Pepsi and Frito Lay divisions. Montañez started his career at Frito-Lay in 1976 as a janitor and is recognized as the creator of the Flamin’ Hot line of products, which have become a billion-dollar business and a cultural phenomenon.
- The Business of Beer. Running a brewery is about more than just making good beer. Things like finance and accounting, human resources, staff training, and management are all just as important to keep your business healthy. Stay on top of the latest industry trends and learn best practices for dealing with the tough conversations in your business.
- Science & Styles. The Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines recognize more than 150 distinct beer styles. Learn the unique histories and characteristics of various styles and their specific brewing processes and techniques.
- Brewing Operations. Hear from experts on how to maximize quality and efficiency in your brewery from the smallest detail to a major expansion — from brewhouse tasks, fermentation and filtration, to cellaring and packaging, and cleaning and sanitation.
- Starting a craft brewery is a huge job. Learn about everything from creating a financial plan and outlining your business goals, to selecting your equipment, designing your taproom, and implementing best practices to brew quality beer.
- Quality management for breweries is critical for continued success. Discover the tools to set up a quality lab, analyze and maintain quality in your beers, and implement best practices for getting your beer to consumers at its best.
- Nothing is more important to managing your brewery than maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for your employees. Learn how to create a culture of safety in your brewery and protect your staff and equipment from harm.
- Sales & Distribution. It doesn’t matter how good your beer is if you don’t know how to sell it. Discover best practices for working with retailers, distributors, and your own team to sell beer on-premise, off-premise, and beyond.
- Marketing & Social Media. Discover best practices and tactics for effective marketing in your brewery, from the basics to the big leagues.
- The Global Market. Are you exporting your beer abroad or considering entering the global market? Expose yourself to the diverse industry and culture of craft beer around the world and be informed about opportunities for your products in international markets.
- Protecting Craft. From taxes and tariffs, to updates on state and federal laws that will affect your business – make sure you’re aware of the risks and opportunities in today’s political environment.
- One Stop Shopping. Check off all the items on your shopping list at BrewExpo America and reconnect with your key suppliers—they’re all under one roof!
- World Beer Cup®. Who will take home honors for brewing the best beer styles in the world? Join us on April 22 to find out and celebrate with the winners.
- San Antonio might just be the world’s largest kitchen. Its culinary traditions blend with new, home-grown talent from the Culinary Institute of America San Antonio for a food and drink scene bursting with flavor and fun and is one of two U.S. cities designated a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy.
- Craft brewers in Texas produced more than 1.1 million barrels of beer and contributed more than $5 billion to the economy (3rd in the country) in 2018. Texas ranks 11th in the nation for the number of breweries (283 as of 3/1/19) and is considered a hotbed for growth in the craft brewing industry. Explore the nearly 20 local breweries and experience firsthand Texas’ impact on craft.
- Be Merry. Last but most important: CBC is about the connections made while sharing a beer with your brewing community.
Registration opens December 3. Register before February 6 and save up to $150.