Minneapolis is hip, vibrant, and cosmopolitan while also being one of the most approachable, scenic, and friendly cities in the country.
Is that a uniquely awesome combination of traits? You betcha!
Here’s a far-from-comprehensive primer on this fair city, host of the 2022 Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America. (You’re registered, right?)
Spring Weather: Glorious
It’s true: Minneapolis can be cold. Thus all those skyways. But we’ll be there in the spring, smack in the middle of the Goldilocks zone: not cold, not hot, but just right.
The month of May is a downright lovely time to visit, with high temps ranging from 65 to 75 degrees. What’s more, it’s green as all get-out and the flowers be flowerin’.
Be ready to hear a few linguistic quirks while you’re in the Twin Cities.
- Holy buckets! = Jeez Louise!
- Oh fer cute = How wonderful
- No yeah = Yes
- Yeah no = No
- Yeah no for sure = Definitely
- Uff-da = Oh/whoa! (An all-purpose phrase for expressing surprise, relief, exhaustion, astonishment, and/or dismay)
- Go deeper: Minnesota Slang
These influential figures were born in or spent significant time in Minneapolis.
- Prince Rogers Nelson
- Hubert Humphrey
- Charles M. Schulz
- Mary Tyler Moore
- Go deeper: More Minneapolis notables
The Twin Cities area is home to a TON of great craft breweries, so the challenge for visitors can be narrowing the list down. The following have earned Great American Beer Festival® medals in the last few years, if that helps. But don’t limit yourself to this list. See the whole lineup of craft breweries on our handy brewery map and savor the local flavors while you’re in town.
- The Freehouse
- Eastlake Craft Brewery
- Utepils Brewing Co.
- Lakes & Legends Brewing Co.
- Modist Brewing Co.
- Fulton Beer
- Indeed Brewing Co.
- Go deeper: See all the great breweries and retailers in the area
Are you a member of the American Homebrewers Association? There are a bunch of breweries offering AHA Member Deals.
For the ‘Gram
Even if you’re not a poster yourself, this list of the top 10 most Instagrammable places in Minneapolis is essentially a shortlist of cool landmarks and views you should check out.
- Star wall at First Avenue (featuring Prince)
- Minnehaha Falls
- Spoonbridge and Cherry
- Bob Dylan Mural
- Foshay Observation Deck
- Grain Belt Beer Sign
- Go deeper: See all 10 photo-worthy spots
Off the Beaten Path
You can count on Atlas Obscura to guide you to weird and wonderful places — destinations that you might not see on the TripAdvisor leaderboard. If offbeat is your preferred tempo, browse their list of 55 Cool, Hidden, and Unusual Things to Do in Minneapolis.
Just Gimme the Hits
Your stay is short and you want to make the most of it. We get it!
- You like art: Minneapolis Art Institute, Walker Art Center, and the Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum.
- You like nature: Minneapolis is dotted with 180 beautiful parks and 22 lakes — all within city limits!
- You like food and drink: Here are the 38 essential restaurants in the Twin Cities according to Eater.
- You like Prince: Then it’s Paisley Park 4 U. We’ll see you there!
We hope you have fun while you’re in Minneapolis for #CraftBrewersCon. Just remember, though: those morning seminars can sneak up on you. 🙂