The annual Craft Brewers Conference® & BrewExpo America® (CBC) wrapped up in Nashville on May 10, after four fun and education-filled days of seminars, expos, trainings, tastings, competition, awards, and celebration attended by nearly 12,000 registrants. Hosted by the Brewers Association (BA), brewers were able to connect in person to share ideas, learn about innovative technology and products from more than 600 exhibitors at BrewExpo America, and attend any of the 70-plus seminars offered to attendees.
Key takeaways from the event include:
- Education and Resources: Attendees were offered 70-plus seminars featuring over 170 speakers, organized into nine different educational tracks. Seminars ranged from brewing techniques and ingredients to marketing and sale tactics to finance to human resources—a course option for all brewery staff members. Another popular track was THRIVE, a seminar program that invited attendees to take an integrated dive into Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, human resources (HR), and wellness topics aimed to assist breweries of all sizes.
- Industry Thought Leadership: Keynote speaker Bart Watson, chief economist at the Brewers Association, commented on the craft brewing scene with mixed analytical rigor and accessible eloquence. Watson presented a broad, national view of trends and provide big-picture thinking about the future of craft beer.
- Community Engagement: In collaboration with the Community Resource Center, CBC attendees were invited to combat housing insecurity by assembling 3,500 personal and household hygiene kits, impacting 10,000 middle-Tennessee community members in need.
- Industry Award Winners: Five industry award winners were recognized in Nashville: Peter DeFazio, Ben Edmunds, Jessica and Richard Fierro, and Julie Rhodes all received honors at CBC, where a crowd of their peers closed the ceremony in a standing ovation. Full release here.
- The Olympics of Beer: The World Beer Cup proved to be another massive competition. A total of 10,213 beers were entered from 2,376 breweries representing 51 countries. Entries were judged by 272 world-class judges from 26 countries. A final list of winners can be viewed here. Brewery registration will open in the fall of 2023, with the awards presented on April 24, 2024, at the Craft Brewers Conference in Las Vegas.
Save the Date for Las Vegas
The 2024 Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America and the World Beer Cup® will take place April 21-24 in Las Vegas. Make sure to add CBC to your calendar, and we’ll look forward to seeing you there!
High-resolution photos are available here.
Contact: Meg Papanastassiou (on behalf of the Brewers Association), 970.963.4873 ext.1212