Media Tool Kit
CBC Media Access Requirements
The 2019 Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America® (CBC) is open to working media from trade and consumer-focused outlets. The credential application must be completed for each staffer who plans to attend from your media outlet. Unless otherwise pre-approved, media outlets are limited to a total of four (4) credentials.
Qualified journalists wishing to cover CBC must apply for media credentials.
• In some cases, we may request additional verification about your past work or coverage plans. Those who have attended CBC under media credentials in the past may be asked to show coverage they produced as a result of press access.
• A history of being registered at previous Brewers Association events, including CBC, does not guarantee approval for media credentials.
• Applications may take up to two weeks to process.
• Credentialed media are not permitted access to the following: Craft Beer Wholesalers Symposium; Voting Members’ Meeting; and state guild meetings/seminars.
• Disclaimer: All media credentials will be provided at the discretion of the CBC media staff per the CBC Media Access & Requirements. CBC reserves the right to accept or deny credentials.
Working Media Qualifications Media credentials are reserved for working members of the press only. This includes editors, reporters, bloggers, authors, producers, camera crews and photographers.
Credentials will not be granted to non-editorial media professionals including publishers, general managers, account representatives, sales executives, brand executives and PR/marketing representatives, as well as anyone whose primary purpose for attending CBC is, in our judgment, for reasons other than covering it as working news media.
Bloggers Blogs must reflect current craft brewing and/or related news. New posts must be published at least weekly. Blog traffic must exceed 2,000 unique visits per month.
Freelancers Must provide a verifiable letter of assignment from a bona fide media outlet.
Video Production Companies Non-media companies and production crews hired by breweries to film at CBC will not be considered for media accreditation.
Social Media Influencers Influencers must have at least one verifiable social media account with a relevant and substantial following (minimum 5,000 followers) and demonstrated active engagement. Applicable social channels include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Filming at CBC
If your organization is filming video at CBC, you are asked to check in at media registration for instructions prior to beginning work. Unauthorized film crews may have their credentials revoked.
Seminars may only be filmed with prior approval from the speakers. Any live streaming of seminars, including Facebook Live broadcasts, is prohibited.
|Media Check-In & Badge Pick-Up|
|Monday, April 8||
7:00 am – 8:00 pm
|Tuesday, April 9||
7:00 am – 5:00 pm
|Wednesday, April 10||
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
|Thursday, April 11||
8:30 am – 3:00 pm