2024 Pre-Conference Education Coming Soon
All pre-conference educational seminars are add-ons to full conference registration. See full pricing details on the Registration page.
Registration required! Registration opens December 5, 2023.
Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
The THRIVE Workshop at the 2023 Craft Brewers Conference is a day-long experience, appropriate for owners, people leaders, human resources (HR) and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) practitioners, that provides an integrated dive into DEI, HR, and wellness topics for craft brewers of all sizes. Featuring guest speakers, educational seminars, hands-on workshops, networking sessions, and opportunities to earn Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) continuing education credits, the THRIVE workshop offers a range of people-focused tools to elevate small businesses.
Capacity is limited, so please register early! Lunch will be provided. See full Thrive Workshop Program.
Business Financial Leadership Workshop
Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Are you a brewery owner or manager responsible for operating your business and its financials without the help of a Chief Financial Officer? Do you already understand the basic concepts of your business’ accounting and finances, but struggle to make the right decisions for your brewery based on its financial results? Attending this workshop will improve your financial management competency and enable you to operate your brewery and its finances more effectively and efficiently. Throughout the workshop, you will also have opportunities to learn from financial professionals in the craft beer industry and connect with fellow like-minded brewery owners and managers.
The purpose of this workshop is to equip brewery owners, managers, and operational staff with the financial tools to accelerate their business. Through guided speaker sessions and breakout discussions, we will cover core topics related to the business and financial aspects of brewery operations. Each attendee will have the chance to use their own brewery information and metrics as we work through topics related to revenue and sales forecasting, cost of goods, operating expenses, and profitability. We will teach each brewery to create their own high-level budget and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) dashboard. By the end of this workshop, attendees will be able to take the financial management tools they created back to their breweries in order improve the financial health and success of their businesses.
- Improve financial management competency and overall business leadership skills of all attendees
- Provide high-level overview and strategies to forecast revenue, sales, measure cost of goods sold (COGS), and control payroll expenses based on various business models, product mixes, and optimal staffing plans
- Better understand operational expenses to improve profitability, cash flow, and enable future expansion and sustainable business growth
- Create a high-level budget for their brewery in the format of a simple profit and loss statement and a KPI dashboard to track important metrics
- Enable attendees to implement best practices in motivating and leading their teams to improve the financial health and overall success of their breweries
Lunch will not be provided. There will be a midday break in the agenda for attendees to leave for lunch on their own.